This is the second year I do this Challenge and I’m so looking forward! I need some kick in my behind :D. So far I read 31 in 2011, thats 2 more than 2010. So my goal for 2012 is to read at least 32 but would like to reach 50 (this time for real).
- Runs January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012 (books read prior to 1/1/12 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2012 than you did in 2011. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you could track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
The List of Books I read:
- Jaz Parks #1: Ein Vampir ist nicht genug (Once bitten, twice shy) by Jennifer Rardin
- Vampire Academy #1: Blutsschwestern (Vampire Academy) by Richelle Mead
- House of Night #2: Betrogen (House of Night #2: Betrayed) by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Riley #1: Das Mädchen im Licht (Riley #1: Radiance) by Alyson Noel
- Der Junge im gestreiften Pyjama (The Boy in the striped Pyjamas) by John Boyne
- Riley #2: Im Schein der Finsternis (Riley #2: Shimmer) by Alyson Noel
- Weißer Fluch (The Cursworkers #1: White Cat) by Holly Black
- Wintermädchen (Wintergirls) by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Sommer in New York (Love and other Four-Letter Words) by Carolyn Mackler
- Dash & Lily’s Winterwunder (Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares) by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- Blogging Queen by Jutta Profijt
- (E) Startersby Lissa Price
- House of Night #3: Chosen by P.C. & Kristin Cast
- Abby Cooper #1: Detektivin mit 7. Sinn (Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye) by Victoria Laurie
- Die purpurrote Schleife by Carla Miller, Isabelle Metzen & Kathleen Weise
- I kissed a Zombie and I liked it by Adam Selzer
- House of Night #4: Ungezähmt (Untamed) by P.C. and Kristin Cast
- Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers
- Uglies #1: Ugly (Uglies) by Scott Westerfeld
- (E) Facing the Hunchback of Notre Dame by L.L. Samson
- (E) The Journeys of John and Julia in Chapter One: Genesis by Aurelia
- (E) Unbreak my Heart by Melissa C. Walker
- Uglies #2: Pretty (Pretties) by Scott Westerfeld
- Awaken #1: Die Rebellion der Maddie Freeman (Awaken #1: Awaken) by Katie Kacvinsky
- (E) I’m here to help by S.F. Chapman
- (E) Pale by Chris Wooding
- (E) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- (E) Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire
- Das große Hühnersuppen-Lesebuch (Chicken Soup for the Soul – Living your Dreams) by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen
- (E) Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
- (E) Ghosting by Keith Gray
- (E) Model Spy (The Specialists #1) by Shannon Greenland