Quick FYI: This is not a library books, books you’ve won, or ARCs reading challenge. There are already plenty reading challenges for those specific type of books. You can find them here: A Novel Challenge.
This reading challenge has been developed specifically for FREE and LEGAL downloaded books. As many of you with e-readers know, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a few other site periodically offer FREE books for your e-reading devices.
The aim of this challenge is to grab and read those FREE and LEGAL downloads!
Since getting my Kindle, I’ve downloaded 300 Free books from Amazon, but sadly, I’ve only read a handful. Kelly, my new sidekick, has read over 100 Free books! Even though I failed my own RC miserably, Kelly has inspired me to renew my determination to get those FREE books off my TBR, and we want you to join us!
Here is how it works:
- Should you choose to participate in this challenge, your goal is to read at least twelve (12) legally obtained FREE e-books. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit.
- Anyone can join. You don’t have to be a blogger, and you don’t have to live in the United States.
- Any E-Reader will work for this challenge, including: iPad, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Sony Reader, enTourage.
- Please Note: If you don’t have an e-reading device, you can still join in with Amazon’s Free Kindle Reading Apps which you can download for your iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Blackberry and more.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. You can join at anytime.
- e-books in ANY genre count for this challenge as long as it was FREE at the time that you downloaded it.
- Every month in 2012, I will make a post for the Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge 2012 so you can link your reviews. Based on participation, monthly link ups may be combined.
- Those that link their reviews will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a different prize each month, such as an Amazon or Barnes & Noble Gift Card, a bookmark, or a GelaSkins for your e-Reader.
- If you have a blog, create a post announcing your participation in the challenge. Please include a link back to this post.
- Non bloggers: participate by linking up your profile URL from the site you plan to post your reviews on such as Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble.
- When you post your book review, you MUST reveal how you obtained the free & legal download. Please make your source clear.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them.
- Crossovers to other reading challenges is acceptable, but ARCs/galley e-books DO NOT count. Again, this is a Reading Challenge to read as many of the FREE e-books legally offered for your e-reader. To get started, check out the Top 100 Free books on Amazon, or the Free e-books on Barnes & Noble.
- Any linked reviews that do not meet the guidelines will not be entered into the monthly drawing for the prize of the month.
Coupon Clipper: 12 Books
Penny Pincher: 24 Books
Super Saver: 30+ Books
I will List the Books as I go: